Autor Thema: 24 Seconds  (Gelesen 2736 mal)

Gast

• Gast
24 Seconds
« am: 10. September 2007, 12:44:26 »
Nettes Interview mit Robse!

In the latest instalment of 24 seconds, FIBA Europe.com caught up with Germany wing player Robert Garrett.

Here's what Garrett had to say about the German training camp, how superstar Dirk Nowitzki has changed over the years and what's the hardest part about playing with the NBA MVP.

FIBA Europe: If a fan were to spend one day in the German training camp, at what would they be most surprised?

Garrett: He would be surprised with how funny guys are and how loose they can get. Just being around is fun, especially for us, since we know each other. But they're not shy. Whoever comes new into the team enjoys it. For a fan to finally get a chance to get a closer look at us would be a great experience for them.

FIBA Europe: What's your favourite story to tell about the team?

Garrett: That's tough. Sometimes we have guys after practice naked and dunk. Just funny stuff, with no media around. Just to see that would be hilarious. Every time I see it, one special guy does it, I get cramps from laughing.

FIBA Europe: What's the hardest part about having Dirk Nowitzki on your team?

Garrett: The hardest part is to play with him, probably. Because you're not really used to playing with such a great player. It's hard. You don't really know what he wants to do and you're really really alert. Because once he passes you the ball, you feel like you have to make the shot or do something productive. It's like a little burden. But it's fun too because he's one of the greatest warriors on the court. I've seen him from youth team when he's kind of shy and never fought back. But now ... he gets hacked so much and he almost never loses his cool and is so tough. It's just great.

FIBA Europe: Easiest part of playing with him?

Garrett: The easiest part is finding him and just watching him make his shots. It's great to always have a joker who you can always give the ball and something great will happen.

FIBA Europe: You've known Nowitzki for quite a long time, how do you think he's changed over the years?

Garrett: I don't really think he's changed that much. He's still calm and not spoiled. He's still hard-working. I haven't really seen anybody work during the season and in the off-season on his game like he does. I don't really think he's changed. His expectations have gotten higher and higher, of course. But I don't think he's changed a lot. He's just one of the hardest workers I've ever seen.

FIBA Europe: When the team is off the court - in the hotel or wherever - how do you bond? Games? Jokes?

Garrett: We play a lot of poker and some PSP.

FIBA Europe: Who cleans up at the poker table?

Garrett: Guido Grünheid a lot. Steffen Hamann is tough. Joe Herber sometimes. It's different. We all play for fun though. But usually it's three top players. Dirk always thinks he's the best player but he never wins.

FIBA Europe: And with PlayStation, what do the players play?

Garrett: We have SOCOM. It's like a tactic game where you have four on four or even five on five sometimes. Mithat (Demirel) is the best player on that one. It's just fun to do something that's quick to set up and builds our team chemistry.

FIBA Europe: You've played for coach Dirk Bauermann for a few years now, both with the German National Team and for the club in Bamberg. Do you ever think he's going to pop a vein in his neck because to his intensity?

Garrett: He's a really, really intense guy. But that's the thing you have to love about him. Having him on the sidelines or having him around you, he's the kind of guy who has a strong impact on everything he does. Of course if things go wrong he can be pretty loud and sometimes intimidating if you don't know him. But he's a great coach, who is just trying to win and is so eager and trying to do everything to reach that goal. So you gotta love him for that.

FIBA Europe: When you dream at night - do you have a EuroBasket medal hanging around your neck?

Garrett: I don't really think so far. It would be great - the best thing that could happen for us. I don't dream about it. I think we have a decent group, we can get those guys and go to the quarter-finals. I think we have a chance to at least get silver again. Why not? I don't really see one team that much better than anybody else. We played Russia before and beat them. Okay, we've lost a couple of games now but I don't think there is a team we have to hide from, so why do it again and go to the final?

Und wenn es sportlich ür Guido nicht klappt, wird er Pokerprofi ... wie Tim Begley! [13] [1]